[FFmpeg-user] Decode FFV1 AVI back to DPX

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Sun Dec 13 02:47:38 CET 2015

On 12/08/2015 04:15 PM, Dave Rice wrote:
>> It is indeed possible to decode back to DPX-  I've losslessly
>> compressed 10bit RGB DPX to FFV1.mkv and back with matching framemd5s
>> all the way. It's a beautiful thing.
> But it's some context loss. For instance if the source DPX is logarithmic I'd be skeptical that the ffv1.mkv rendition would present logarithmically.

I haven't tried it myself, but actually logarithmic should be stored in
FFV1 as-is.
The context how to interpret the color information is currently not
automatically stored, and would therefore have to be provided manually
when re-transcoding, or when playing back.

Has anyone tested this yet?

Kind regards,
Pb