[FFmpeg-user] libavcodec documentation and usage

James Board jpboard2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 19:22:58 CEST 2013

>> I'd like to write a C or C++ program which uses libavcodec to retrieve

>> individual frames of an AVI file.  I can't find much documentation on the WWW.
>> Does anyone have documentation on how to do this, or some current examples?
>
>Did you look into the doc/examples directory?

I tried to compile those examples, but failed because it could not find
the file
channel_layout.hWhat is the cause of the problem?  Is channel_layout.h obsolete and the
examples have not been updated?  Or was my build of ffmpeg broken
(I built from source on the latest git checkout) and I have to recofigure
and rebuild ffmpeg?  Or is the problem something else?  I only need
to do simple things with the libavcodecs, so I think if I had a working
example, I can figure out how to code my applications.

Thanks.

ps. Sorry for problems with improper formatting. I'm getting the impression
that the yahoo email client sucks and is the cause of many of the problems.