[FFmpeg-user] bad performance when streaming udp from png image2pipe source

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 03:47:05 CET 2012

> finally I have some progress by forcing the input frame rate to 1 and the
> output frame rate to 20, this produces a much better frame rate in the
> target machine. but still I have many problems ( occasional images smearing,
> and lagging) in my destination ( udp receiver ).

My guess is still lost udp packets.
I couldn't tell from your last outputs if you had pthreads enabled or not.
I did notice a few more options that "might" work for tcp based
transport that may work for you, and added them here:
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/StreamingGuide#Pointtopointstreaming

GL!
-r