[FFmpeg-user] ffmpeg lightweight aac wrapper

roemer kleinerroemer at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 09:24:41 CEST 2012

hey there!

I would like to write a simple wrapper interface for ffmpeg to use it only
for aac encoding.
I already compiled slim version of the ffmpeg, and worked my way through the
avcodec and avformat header files but I'm a bit lost.

The settings for the encoding will always stay the same, and the raw audio
input will also have the same meta data (sample rate, channels, bitrate
aso.). So what I want at the end is some sort of:

void openFile( char * filename ); //create/open file with header information
and initialize encoder/decoder
uint_8 *encode( uint_8 *data, int msec ); //encode real time into the
generated file and insert encoded stream at position msec (default = 0), and
return the encoded data
uint_8 *decode( int msecstart, int msecduration ); //decode the duration
from file at postion startpos

I would really appreciate some help on how to get there with the codec,
because I don't really know where to start right now.

Thanks in advance,
Roemer