[FFmpeg-user] Write audio frames without decoding/encoding

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 01:35:14 CET 2012

2012/2/14 killkenny64 <kennethjjgibson at gmail.com>:
> But this crashes on the line:
>         av_interleaved_write_frame(outputFormatCtx, &packet);
>
> Why is this crashing?
> If I ignore audio, I can make a .mp4 with just video and it works perfectly.
> Am I doing something obviously wrong here?
> For what reasons would av_interleaved_write_frame crash?

<humor mode on>
Well, it is not supposed to crash, and in documentation there's no
paragraph about situations in which that func must crash :)
You should run a debugger on it. Or, to ask for help on maillist,
please collect gentleman's set - minimized source code that compiles,
runs and reproduces the issue, sample file, and output of your app
with full debug of libav turned on. Also mention how ffmpeg utility
works on your file in same operation mode (-c copy for your case).

--
Andrey Utkin