[FFmpeg-user] Problem compiling ffmpeg on Ubuntu 11.10

saikari saikari78 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:49:50 CET 2012

Hi,

I've downloaded the latest version of ffmpeg (with git) and am trying to
compile on  Ubuntu 11.10 (on a AMD64 architecture).
I've run the configure command:
./configure --enable-shared

But when I run the make command, I get the follwing error:

/usr/bin/ld: libavutil/intfloat_readwrite.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32
against undefined symbol `ldexp@@GLIBC_2.2.5' can not be used when making a
shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libavutil/libavutil.so.51] Error 1

Do you know what I should do to solve this error?
Thank you very much