[FFmpeg-user] configure error report

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Feb 3 11:00:28 CET 2012

Forrest Aldrich <forrie <at> gmail.com> writes:

> check_pkg_config dirac libdirac_decoder/dirac_parser.h
> libdirac_encoder/dirac_encoder.h dirac_decoder_init dirac_encoder_init
> ERROR: dirac not found

(I believe) since dirac takes strange library configurations,
pkg-config is needed to correctly detect it (which normally is
very hardly avoided within FFmpeg's configure script).
But before re-installing dirac, please ask yourself if you need it:
It is known to be extra-slow, if you really need dirac encoding,
use libschroedinger.