[FFmpeg-user] theora question

Rick C. rickcorteza at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:45:55 CEST 2012

On Apr 24, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Tom Sparks wrote:

> use the true ffmpeg2theora transcoder from http://v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/download.html
> ---
> tom_a_sparks "It's a nerdy thing I like to do"
> Please use ISO approved file formats excluding Office Open XML - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
> Ubuntu wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/tomsparks
> 3 x (x)Ubuntu 10.04, Amiga A1200 WB 3.1, UAE AF 2006 Premium Edition, AF 2012 Plus Edition, Sam440 AOS 4.1.2, Roland DXY-1300 pen plotter, Cutok DC330 cutter/pen plotter
> Wanted: RiscOS system, GEOS system (C64/C128), Atari ST, Apple Macintosh (6502/68k/PPC only)

Thanks for the reply.  Ok so there's no way to do it with just FFmpeg?  Actually I made a quick trial using this and I didn't see a significant difference in speed?  The same example I used previously which was getting only 40fps was about the same with ffmpeg2theora.  Quality was a bit better though.  In general does theora just not take advantage of multithreading?