[FFmpeg-user] Recording sound on FreeBSD 8

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Fri Sep 16 04:48:25 CEST 2011

Colleagues,

My next goal is to multicast live sound. All my attemps to record
sound from a USB audio interface have resulted in a severely distorted
growl instead of normal voice. I have tried various parameters around

ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/dsp1 -acodec libmp3lame -re -f rtp rtp://239.1.1.1:5000

or even simply

ffmpeg -f oss -i /dev/dsp1 out.wav

I suppose I need to adjust sampling rate or something like this. What
is the way to determine the correct parameters? Is there a way to
analyze the audio interface input? "cat /dev/sndstat" does not
give anything really useful.

The audio interface is not to blame because I use it all the time with
linphone for SIP calls.

TIA for any ideas.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN