[FFmpeg-user] -map weirdness

Etienne Buira etienne.buira.lists at free.fr
Mon Sep 5 20:23:33 CEST 2011

Hi all.

I use 6f8b1fcd4b34 (from today), and I'm having trouble using -map
option.

The input file looks like:
0.0 -> Video
0.1 -> Audio (fra)
0.2 -> Subtitle (fra)
0.3 -> Audio (deu) (that is actually english track)

When I
$ ffmpeg -i input.ts -vcodec libx264 -preset ultrafast -crf 25 -acodec libmp3lame -aq 9 -scodec ass -vf crop=... -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 0:2 -map 0:3 -acodec libfaac -aq 9 -alang eng output.mp4

I get:
Output:
  0.0 -> Video
  0.1 -> Audio aac (eng)
  0.2 -> Subtitle (fra)
  0.3 -> Audio aac (deu)

Obviously, output 0.1 is plain wrong (wrong encoder, and wrong alang),
and 0.3 is weird also.

Subtitles are not working (showing as ? -> ass in stream mapping),
it have been noticed and reported by Julian earlier today, but it's not
my primary concern.

My ideal goal is to have video, french sound track, french subtitles,
and english sound track (correctly flagged as english if possible).

Looking at the source, I didn't find a way to correctly use map and set
options for each stream.

So, is there a workable solution I didn't find?

Regards