[FFmpeg-user] split n-channel wave file into n mono wave file

Dave Bevan dave.bevan at bbc.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 13:04:26 CEST 2011

>can't open input file `input.wav': WAVE: RIFF header not found
>Concerning FFmbc, it says "input.wav: Error number -1 occurred"

Looks like your WAV files are headerless? Could you post perhaps 100MB
from one if your files, somewhere?

 dd if=input.wav bs=100M count=1 of=input_head_100meg.wav

Will copy the 1st 100MB of raw data from your wav, as-is. Post the file
on the internet somewhere, let us know, and we'll try and figure out how
to carve up your file. Ffmpeg and ffmbc both let you hint the input
stream, so "ffmbc -format xxx -i in.file" for example.

I presume ffmpeg got it right - that your file is PCM, 24bit, 48k ?

http://ffmbc.wordpress.com/**2011/01/15/monotracks-to-**stereo-ii/<http: