[FFmpeg-user] Problem: some videos freeze, other very similar videos do not--difference might be just in resolution (pixels)--how to convert?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 23:28:03 CEST 2011

On Friday 14 October 2011 04:42:17 pm Roger Pack wrote:
> > Sometimes when that happens, I can shut down applications, or close web
> > pages in a browser, or similar things, and when I try gmplayer again, the
> > video works fine.  That is why I describe my system as marginal.
>
> does ffplay show the same weirdness?

No, but I suspect ffplay uses fewer resources.  I prefer to use gmplay for a
few reasons, among them the video is displayed on all 8 of my desktops, so I
can switch between desktops to work while videos are displayed.  (Hopefully
I'm paying (more) attention to what I'm doing than the videos.)

Randy Kramer