[FFmpeg-user] Compile 32 bit version of FFMPEG under Mac OSX Lion

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Fri Oct 7 08:23:23 CEST 2011

Hello All!

I am trying to compile a 32 bit version of ffmpeg but I fail :(
I tried incrementally many combinations of configure options but all failed with this message:

CC	libavcodec/h264_cabac.o
fatal error: error in backend: Ran out of registers during register allocation!

The configure command I tried last is this one:
./configure --extra-cflags=" -arch i386" --arch=x86 --target-os=darwin --extra-ldflags="-arch i386" --enable-cross-compile --cc=clang

I tried the latest git version, as well as the 0.7.6 version (which I am actually interested)

Any idea how to proceed from here?