[FFmpeg-user] image extractions using image2 don't line up with video

Marc Reichman marcreichman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:47:41 CEST 2011

I am extracting images from videos to use as a thumbnail storyboard such
that clicking images will advance a video player to the time of the
extracted image.

I'm using the following command line:
ffmpeg -i input.m4v -f image2 -r 1/1 -s 96x72 image%06d.jpg

I am finding that the extracted images do not line up with the video
used to extract them. This for example, should be outputting one image
per second of video, but the images seem to lag behind the video time
about 1-2 seconds. Am I doing something wrong with the command line or
can I add something to help it line up better?

Thanks,
Marc