[FFmpeg-user] -loop_input is deprecated use -loop 1 instead

Andy Civil andycivil at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 20:37:07 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-02 12:48 PM, bat guano wrote:

> Hi
> It's a puzzle. ;-)
> I found this reference in the man pages, but I don't really understand it.

This is a complete guess, but see if it makes sense:

"The authors are aware of the problems people have (frustration) when the names
and/or function of options changes. In the future they will want to expand the
loop input option from just one, to many frames. They are getting people to move
over from "loop_input" to "loop 1" now in advance, in a way that doesn't
actually break anything, so that in the future they can allow "loop <n>". So for
everyone who's using "loop 1", their scripts continue to work."

i.e.
Phase 1: loop_input works.
Phase 2: loop_input and "loop 1" both work, people switch over to new form.
Phase 3: "loop n" works.
result... new feature introduced without pain.

As I said, just a guess...

--
Andy