[FFmpeg-user] bounty: fix this bug #437 $150

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:00:44 CET 2011

> which WILL change colours, because yuv is a compressed colour space
> (pure black is 16,16,16 and pure white is 235,235,235), always has been,
> always will be. Further, within the YUV colour space, there are
> different gamut curves - rec601 & rec709 for example.
>
> Please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YUV for a more indepth
> explaination.

So my first thought is "does this mean that ffplay should stretch its
pixel values before displaying them, from [16,235] to [0, 255]"
(which is the same as converting them to full swing...I guess?)  At
least then the bug is only in ffplay, which is...better than having it
elsewhere I suppose.

-roger-