[FFmpeg-user] Copyright issues iFFmpeg

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun May 1 22:22:18 CEST 2011

Am 01.05.2011 22:14, schrieb Jieyun Fu:
> Let's turn down the volume here and stop yelling at each other. I believe
> Johannes started the discussion for good will.

yes but totally wrong beginning with the first line

> I was just checking whether the team is aware that someone is corrupting the GPL

GPL != LGPL = FFMPEG

> Johannes: In my humble opinion, the difference is that iffmpeg does not
> contain any ffmpeg binaries. It does not try to "steal" ffmpeg code or
> algorithms. It is just selling the ffmpeg GUI.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGPL

so you can not only use the ffmpeg-cli for your GUI what would even
possible if ffmpeg would be GPL you can even use and link the
ffmpeg-libs in your code becuase they are LGPL