[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

Ondřej Fiala ofiala at airmail.cc
Sun May 12 19:05:39 EEST 2024

On Sat May 4, 2024 at 9:05 PM CEST, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, May 04, 2024 at 09:11:12AM +0800, flow gg wrote:
> > [...]
> > If you need to use git-send-email, I may not be able to submit any code
> > If you do not need to use git-send-email, it is troublesome for the
> > reviewer and the contributor
> > [...]
>
> [...]
> if you cannot use get-send-email. (misconfigured corporate firewalls?, north korea?)
> you can create patches using git format-patch
> [...]
> then attach the created files to your mail or 2 mails, [...]
>
> > Maybe I am younger here in FFMPEG. I have a lot of good young people around
> > me. They all use github/lab by default, and there will be the same problem
> > as me, resulting in abandonment.
> [...]

Hi all,

I just noticed that the SourceHut UI actually allows GitHub-like "fork"
workflow to accomodate people who are unable to use git-send-email.

I found the following video demo:
https://smlavine.com/blog/sourcehut-web-ui/sourcehut-web-ui.webm

Of course, this doesn't resolve the concerns over PRs/MRs being supposedly
more efficient for code review than ML, but it does solve the accessibility
issues for both sides rather nicely IMHO.

~ OF