[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat May 4 22:28:03 EEST 2024

Hi

On Fri, May 03, 2024 at 03:45:20PM +0000, Cosmin Stejerean via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
[...]
> What doesn't exist (yet) is a way to keep people on the exact email based workflow
> we currently have, and have bi-directional sync with something like github or gitlab.
> Such a thing could probably be built, but it might be worth first trying to see if those
> that insist on sticking with the CLI can use one of the existing CLI based workflows.

Such a thing could be quite useful to many more projects than just ffmpeg.
There are many older projects that use ML based workflows.

I imagine STF might be willing to fund such a thing if it is technically
feasable. As the goal of STF is about maintainance. And bridging the gap
between old ML and new browser based workflows allowing developers who
prefer to work through their web browser to do so.

also, we need to find maintaince related projects worth minimum 150k €
for 2025 for STF.
We cant do many of the things we do in 2024 for STF again as they where
one time things and STF doesnt like sponsoring adding new features.

thx

There will always be a question for which you do not know the correct answer.