[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 3 20:45:49 EEST 2024

Le perjantaina 3. toukokuuta 2024, 20.30.16 EEST Ondřej Fiala a écrit :
> > You can't expect the whole community to accomodate your unwillingness to
> > run a web browser or update a ridiculous underprovisioned computer
> > system.
> There is a huge difference between running a web browser and running
> Firefox/Chrome that you're consistently ignoring. I absolutely don't
> mind running Lynx... :)

My point is that the requirement for *practical* *use* of an HTML5 web browser
are lower than those for compiling, and running the test suite of, FFmpeg.

Sure you can run Links, W3M or NCSA Mosaic with a lot lower requirements, and
Gitlab probably does not work under any of those. But the point is that
Chromium or Firefox are *not* really limitting factors here.

--
レミ・デニ-クールモン
http://www.remlab.net/