[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Fri May 3 08:46:43 EEST 2024

Le 2 mai 2024 22:32:16 GMT+03:00, "Ondřej Fiala" <ofiala at airmail.cc> a écrit :
>On Thu May 2, 2024 at 4:38 PM CEST, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> >
>> > Email was not meant for a lot of what it's used for today.
>>
>> And Gitlab and Github are meant for what they are used.
>> That's the whole point.
>This argument can actually go in both directions

No, it can't.

> Since the Web and web
>browsers weren't meant for performing code review either.

I was obviously and explicitly talking about Github and Gitlab web applications, not the browsers. You're being ridiculous. Your OS was originally meant to run bash, not a mail client, by that logic.

And in the end, I could be wrong, but I haven't seen you doing much code review here. This is all about optimising the workflow for people doing code reviews and code merges, so why do you even care?