[FFmpeg-devel] lavfi: Audio Link Negotiation

Mina Nagy Zaki mnzaki at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:27:10 CEST 2011

As the first objective of my GSoC project I'm to implement channel layout and
planar/packed negotiation between audio filter links.

The current idea is to simply add in/out_chlayout and in/out_mode to
AVFilterLink and have them set by the filters, then add conversion filters as
necessary after initializing the graph. I have three choices here:
1- Add this config stage into query_formats(), keeping the now misleading name
2- Add to query_formats() and rename it(!)
3- Add a new API function.

Or perhaps a completely different approach to negotiation? I'm unsure on what
to do so any input would be appreciated.

--
Mina