[FFmpeg-devel] can't get it to work on CentOS

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon May 23 22:47:42 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:14:34PM +0200, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need help to get ffmpeg to work on a CentOS server.
> I can't understand why it has to be so difficult.
>
> I first tried installing it with yum:
> yum install ffmpeg
>
> but when I tried to convert some amr files to mp3 I got this error:
>
> [amrnb @ 0x626e90] dtx mode not implemented. Update your FFmpeg version
> to the newest one from SVN. If the problem still occurs, it means that
> your file has a feature which has not been implemented.If you want to
> help, upload a sample of this file to
> ftp://upload.ffmpeg.org/MPlayer/incoming/ and contact the ffmpeg-devel
> mailing list.
>
> repeated a lot of times.
>
> That didn't make much sense, because on another CentOS box I have a
> version of ffmpeg that a friend of mine compiled several years ago which
> can decode the same files without any issue (and so does the version for
> ubuntu that I got with apt get on yet another box).
>
> However I thought the package from the repository must be outdated and
> hence I followed the instructions I found here
> http://www.pawprint.net/news/index.php?action=view&nid=105
>
> getting the latest version from SVN and compiling it from scratch.

please see
http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

for where and how to get the latest version

If you still have problems after that, please submit a bug report to
http://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg

The real ebay dictionary, page 2
"100% positive feedback" - "All either got their money back or didnt complain"
"Best seller ever, very honest" - "Seller refunded buyer after failed scam"