[FFmpeg-devel] [Announcement] FFmtech board of directors election

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Mon May 23 21:35:55 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 11:50:49PM +0200, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Hi, it's time to elect a new board for the FFmtech foundation. If you
> want to candidate or participate in electing the new board then please
> respond to this email.

I would like to vote.

> The time line for this is 2 weeks for responding that you intend to
> either candidate or partake in the voting.

I don't really understand why people who want to vote need to announce
their wish to vote (provided they meet the criteria).
Does this really mean that people who didn't reply to your email won't
be allowed to vote, even if they fulfill the conditions ?

> [...] then 2 days for the election process.

Does this mean that somebody who is away from the internet for 2 days
just at the wrong time won't be allowed to vote ? That sounds like a
really short time frame...

Aurel