[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] SVX8 stereo filesand?AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Sun May 22 13:41:02 CEST 2011

On date Sunday 2011-05-22 12:36:58 +0200, ami_stuff encoded:
> ...or maybe at least pause function can be implemented :x
>
> This is useful when someone want to add for example "About" window to FFplay.
> I first pause the stream playback with toggle_pause() (if the stream is not paused already)
> and next show the "About" window and toggle_pause() the playback  back to the normal state.
>
> with 8SVX it will not work correctly anymore.

This is because of the huge packet which contains all the data, you
can't pause in the middle of a packet.

The alternative is decode+interleave in the demuxer, this is ugly but
should be better for applications (and really you can't do better with
this format, design is to be blamed in this case), I'll try to come
with a proof of concept.
--
FFmpeg = Free Frightening Mind-dumbing Plastic Experimenting Glue