[FFmpeg-devel] RTMP: trailing slash in content-base

Martin Storsjö martin
Wed Feb 16 15:59:13 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Luca Barbato wrote:

> On 02/16/2011 03:39 PM, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > Luca/Ronald - this actually is about RTSP, contrary to what the subject
> > line says. Please read, I want your opinion on this.
> >
> > On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Nicolas George wrote:
> >
> >> Since 577ee94/r23325 (2010-05-25), ffserver sends a Content-Base header; its
> >> value is the URL with a trailing slash.
> >>
> >> Since dd22cfb/r25755 (2010-11-15), lavf uses the Content-Base header for
> >> subsequent requests.
> >>
> >> This seems to break ffserver-ffmpeg interaction: ffserver logs:
> >
> > Hmm, the original reason for the latter patch was that if the original
> > RTSP url contained request parameters, e.g. rtsp://server/path?auth=abcd,
> > the SETUP and PLAY requests should have the query parameters removed,
> > e.g. SETUP rtsp://server/path/stream=0 and PLAY rtsp://server/path.
>
> > We had two choices for solving this - explicitly strip out the query
> > parameters, or use the Content-Base field which most servers provide. We
> > only chose the latter.
>
> Having a full parser for url won't hurt, I guess.

Hmm, I don't follow you? Do you mean that you'd like the former
alternative implemented, too? I suggested that in November, but we
concluded on to use only Content-Base. I haven't seen any spec saying that
the query parameters explicitly should be stripped out (QuickTime doesn't
do it, and Live555 probably doesn't either, it only uses Content-Base like
we do now), so I do think that's a sensible choice. And much less hackish.

// Martin