[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Equality and leader team

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Feb 5 22:29:49 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 12:22:33PM -0800, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 2/5/11 7:39 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> >> Also, you yourself agreed on IRC (logged!) that we should have no more
> >> open votes -- that all votes should be by secret ballot to avoid
> >> politicking.  What happened to that, exactly?
> >
> > Could you quote the log?
> > Iam not against secret voting, and we can do that if people want
> > but i dont remember having said what you claim
> >

> I'd like secret voting and I believe it would be a good idea given the
> current tense situation.

ok, how do you want to do secret voting?
The easy way is we pick a trustworthy person and every one voting sends him his
vote + a random keyword gpg signed
and that person then publishes vote + keyword pairs and independant a list of
who voted
that is like

297384738  blue
398439874  green
736527654  blue
983244864  green

aurel
baptiste
carl
michael

This allows every individual to verify that he has been counted correctly but
it doesnt allow one to proof others have been counted correctly nor is this
leading to a clean resolution if something doesnt match up.
aka this fails if a single person claims something is wrong and in the current
situation i wouldnt exclude someone flasely claiming that

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle