[DVDnav-discuss] Bug report for specific DVD

Steve Dibb beandog at gentoo.org
Mon Aug 25 15:50:45 CEST 2014

Michael Russo wrote:
> That's assuming any version of libdvdnav was able to open the disc. ;)
>   Steve Dibb replied off-list and asked me for the IFO files which I have
> provided.  When I opened the disc in DVD Shrink (a Windows program, I'm
> running in a VM) it was able to parse and see all the titles and menus, but
> it must have just copied them into the destination unmodified because it
> still crashes (at least VLC for Windows does which I assume uses libdvdnav
> inside).

I looked at the IFOs with libdvdread 5.0.0, and didn't have any problems looking at the data, and nothing looked out of the ordinary to me.  :T

The first two title tracks are both the exact same length, the first one being widescreen, and the second full frame.  I'd try playback with something else built with dvdnav and dvdread such as mplayer, mplayer2 or mpv, and see if it has similar issues:

mplayer dvd://1
mplayer dvdnav://1

Steve