[DVDnav-discuss] Trying to get volume id of dvd. But not sure how?

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Fri Apr 4 17:34:36 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM, pauline martin <321eniluap at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to fix a broken application and I am having trouble with
> figuring out how to fix it's method of getting the name of the dvd.  It
> used to use hal for this, but I would like to switch it to depending on
> libdvdnav/libdvdread for it.

dvdnav_get_title_string() will give you the string encoded on the
disc. There are calls in libdvdread that get you this information, I
think DVDUDFVolumeInfo().

> The best that I can figure out is that I am supposed to use
> this->vm->dvd_name to get it, but I am not sure exactly on how to implement
> it in the C++ code.

You might find if you look around the archive for this list that Roger
Pack might have already noticed that the dvdnav vm struct is not to be
trusted with the title information.

Good luck!

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org