[DVDnav-discuss] Can't watch DVD

jan.maske at abwesend.de jan.maske at abwesend.de
Tue May 28 19:54:19 CEST 2013

Hello!

Thanks to all who have answered!

> I don't think lsdvd uses dvdnav, but rather just dvdread directly.
> And since most of the improvements to handle marginal DVDs (like copy
> protection schemes) need to be done at the dvdnav level rather than
> dvdread, apps like lsdvd won't work.

Good to know. I updated now libdvdread and libdvdnav and vlc was finally
able to play the DVD. There is still the problem that it starts with the
wrong track, but at least I could watch it. :)

If it is of any help, vlc/libdvdread outputs a couple of error
messages like:

*** libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ifo_read.c:1246 ***
*** for vts_ptt_srpt->title[i].ptt[j].pgn != 0 ***

libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 3 (VTS_03_0.BU).

and

[0x7fa288005a58] main input error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called

libdvdnav: Suspected RCE Region Protection!!!

BTW, which one of the following repositories should I use?

svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdread
git://github.com/microe/libdvdread.git
git://git.videolan.org/libdvdread.git

> Consider trying apps that use dvdnav directly, like handbrake, mplayer
> (with dvdnav://), xine, or any other number of of apps.

mplayer didn't really work but then again I didn't try all 99 tracks.

Thanks for helping out,
Jan