[DVDnav-discuss] Can't watch DVD

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Tue May 28 10:46:22 CEST 2013

Am 24.05.2013 14:09, schrieb jan.maske at abwesend.de:
> Hi
>
> I bought a new DVD, but can't watch it. Using libdvdread 4.2.0
> lsdvd eats a lot of memory and gives the following messages:
>

> libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 2 (VTS_02_0.BU).
> Can't open ifo 2!
>
> And mplayer produces:
> Playing dvd://2.
> There are 99 titles on this DVD.
> There are 1 angles in this DVD title.

don't know about the invalid IFO, but since there are 99 titles, it's a
clear sign to me that it is a copy protection scheme often used now by
DVDs by Paramount or Disney. I don't even try playing them with dvd://,
I use dvdnav:// instead. You might have to play the DVD with -v and
dvdnav:// to find out which of the 99 titles contains the main feature.
Other titles have the same feature, but with some chapters missing or in
different order, just to irritate the player software.

--
cheers,
Alex