[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdnav fork

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Feb 5 22:20:55 CET 2013

On Tuesday, 05 February 2013 at 21:04, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2013, at 20:34, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at greysector.net> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 05 February 2013 at 17:48, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> >>
> >> As I am a bit annoyed by the lack of response and maintenance on this
> >> project, and also because I am not happy when the programs are the ones
> >> pointed at when there is a crash inside this library, I am, for _now_,
> >> forking the project on the videolan infrastructure.
> >
> > You could've just asked Reimar for commit access. I don't think anybody
> > would have anything against it as you are one of the few active
> > developers here.
>
> He doesn't have access? I wasn't aware.
> If that is the problem just send me desired username and password and I'll
> set the account up.
> Because we are now up to two forks/separate repositories with lots of patches
> in them that nobody can find via the homepage, this certainly isn't progress!

Jean, please follow up with Reimar and commit all bugfix patches.
New features are fine too, as long as they don't break ABI and API.
I don't think there were any ABI or API breaking patches floating
around, but if there were, let's wait until the next release with
applying them. I would take care of at least some of that, but I don't
have too much free time these days.

That reminds me we should make a new release with all those bugfixes.

Regards,
Dominik

"Faith manages."