[DVDnav-discuss] libdvdread: UDF rework

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Fri Jan 13 11:55:49 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 07:38:21PM +0900, Jorgen Lundman wrote :

> >I don't understand what you mean...
> >I would prefer one UDF reading codebase.
> >

> Then I would put you down as someone supporting the extra UDF code. :)

Consider me as someone who would prefer UDF code to be splitted or at
least being easier to integrate into another project (a header and a few .c)

> >Yes, I don't think it is a good idea for libbluray to use libdvdread,
> >because of the reasons already said before.
> >

> That it has "DVD cruft" seems beneficial in some cases like when
> using libdvdnav, but I hear you about the crashes. That is another

Unfortunately, dvdnav/dvdread are one of the biggest sources of crashes
of VLC (around 50k crashes/day); but the situation has improved
dramatically lately :)

There is also the question of the licence. Libbluray is LGPL, not the
UDF code of dvdread.

Best regards,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf