[DVDnav-discuss] "priming" still necessary?

Roger Pack rogerdpack2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 23:01:15 CET 2011

Hello.  I noticed this snippet recently, in mplayer's stream_dvdnav.c

  dvdnav_open(&(priv->dvdnav),priv->filename)
  if(1)	//from vlc: if not used dvdnav from cvs will fail
  {
    int len, event;
    char buf[2048];

    dvdnav_get_next_block(priv->dvdnav,buf,&event,&len);
    dvdnav_sector_search(priv->dvdnav, 0, SEEK_SET);
  }

Anybody know if this is still needed?  I'm guessing it's not anymore?
(seems to work fine without it, but wanted to double check if anybody
had any insights there).
Thanks.
-roger-