[DVDnav-discuss] svn or git?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Apr 18 19:18:56 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 02:57:52PM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> as you probably know the repository was migrated to Arpi's server.
> Michael set up a git clone(?) of dvdnav
> so now we have the chance to either keep on using svn (of which all
> the config directory  is still missing) or switch
> to git.

Well, for git any config is still missing as well (including commit hooks),
and DNS still hasn't switched either.
With the backup files it should be faster to get it running initially
(without them it would of course the same effert and might make more
sense to go with git directly).
Also speaking from MPlayer side which currently uses svn externals
for dvdnav I would prefer it if we didn't do all in one step
but gave it some extra time.
But do what you feel is best.