[DVDnav-discuss] dvdnav patches from handbrake project

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Fri May 28 01:52:04 CEST 2010

>> Huge invasive patch to consolidate memory:
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/dvdnav-discuss/2009-November/001097.html
>>
>> Bug fix for crashing:
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/dvdnav-discuss/2009-November/001102.html
>>
>> Follow up patch for same crashing issue:
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/dvdnav-discuss/2009-December/001114.html
>
> I have to say that I believe that we don't use those patches...
>
> However, I have to say that many people report crashes on our forum on
> modern DVDs lately, so the patches against crashes can't be that bad...
> However, this is quite a bad timing for me, since we are on the edge of
> release VLC 1.1.0, and therefore I can't test too much the patches on a set of
> testers...

Don't sweat it. I was hoping to get some additional testing knowledge
to help handbrake's
cause. Both of their patches are interesting. And I agree w/
protecting against crashes. Can't
be too bad.

Keep plugging away at the VLC release. We can address these patches in this list
for the time being.

Thanks

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org