[DVDnav-discuss] frustration with rip-protected/encrypted DVDs

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 02:25:49 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Bryan Henderson
<bryanh at giraffe-data.com> wrote:
> Well, we're not just talking about installing the tiny libraries.  I'll also
> have to build and install something big with lots of options and compatibility
> concerns such as Xine to use those libraries.

I don't think this is true.  Or at least shouldn't be.

It's possible to hand compile and install the libraries into a
personal directory and have a system installed xine magically start
using them.  Just set up something like LD_CONFIG_PATH.

I think most of the lowlevel libs like dvdread and dvdnav will use the
CSS stuff if it's present and fall back gracefully if not.

mrc