[DVDnav-discuss] Suggesting new method to accurately set position by time

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed Jun 9 20:25:13 CEST 2010

> Finally, I will send my version of searching.c in a follow-up email. It has
> a new method: static int32_t dvdnav_jump_to_sector_by_time(dvdnav_t *this,
> uint32_t time_in_pts_ticks);

A link to your patch is fine if it doesn't fit into the 40k limit.

Probably the easiest way to generate a patch is to get an svn checkout
of libdvdnav. Make your change. Then save the output of svn diff. It may
not be in shape ready to accept, but at least you will be able to convey the
idea you are attempting to express.

Most likely any change you make would have to be approved by jb from VLC.
The patch is likely to be prioritized behind John Stebbins' patches from
handbrake. He has been waiting patiently a long time.

Thanks.

Erik Hovland
erik at hovland.org
http://hovland.org/