[DVDnav-discuss] is "this" a valid c++ variable name?

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 25 23:32:36 CEST 2008

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Il Wednesday 25 June 2008 21:44:11 Andrea ha scritto:
>> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>> Il Tuesday 24 June 2008 22:51:06 Benjamin Zores ha scritto:
>>>
>>> dvdnav is a C library, not C++. Anyway I'll welcome a patch
>>> to rename "this" to "self"
>> Here it is
>>
>> Andrea
>>

> a bit too little to restore compatibility with g++
> Grep "this" in src/ and count how many instances are there

Agreed, but what I sent is enough to allow people to use libdvdnav in a c++ application.
The public interface is only

dvdnav_events.h
dvdnav.h
dvd_type.h

In those files there is only 1 "this".
I did not plan to compile the library with g++, just to use it with g++.

But as soon as I have a bit more time I will change the source code too.

Andrea