[DVDnav-discuss] DVD works with dvdnav but not with dvdread

Frederik Holljen fh at nextrawave.com
Wed Dec 10 11:00:42 CET 2008

Aha, so dvdnav uses dvdread. That makes sense. Thanks for clearing
that up for me.

I have a few more questions then just so I know who I should bug next.

Originally I tried to convert the dvd titles using dvdnav (or simply
dvd:// in vlc) since that works better with DVD's like the one I
currenly have. However I had the following issues:
- Sometimes converting would continue forever because it would rip the
DVD menu until the end of time after the completion of the requested
title.
- Some titles have the timing completely off. E.g it will start on 60
seconds and end 60 seconds after the length of the title. This makes
it hard to make progress bars etc.

Are these issues with vlc or is this a problem when trying to use
dvdnav in that manner? Is it at all possible (or reasonable to expect)
it to work like I want?

Cheers,
Frederik