[DVDnav-discuss] DVD works with dvdnav but not with dvdread

Frederik Holljen frekko at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 10:13:13 CET 2008

Hi,

I have a DVD where the main title works fine when reading it with
libdvdnav but crashes when reading it with libdvdread (error: read
failed for 2/4 blocks at 0x1ff5). The DVD seems to work fine in any
other player I've tried. I've tried to copy the complete contents of
the disk and got no read errors.

I tested this with vlc (Sorry, I know you are mplayer guys..) using
dvd:// and dvdsimple:// with the default libdvdnav and libdvdread in
ubuntu 8.10. The versioning of the packages is slightly confusing so
I'm not exactly sure which version I actually have.

Is this something you want to pursue? If so, what is the best way to help you?

Cheers,
Frederik