[DVDnav-discuss] removing autoshit stuff from dvdnav build system

sci-fi at hush.ai sci-fi at hush.ai
Sun Apr 22 15:49:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Sat 21 Apr 2007 05:48:39 -0500,
Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> sci-fi at hush.ai wrote:
>>
>> now ain't all that crazy
>>

> please, remove that notification request when posting to this
> list and reply to the list alone (yes, maybe it's also my
> fault).

Hushmail seems to want to "reply all" ... I'll remember to
rub-out the extra addys in the To: line.  Once gmane gets this
new list registered, we won't have this problem, nor the stupid
way it creates new threads in the discussion.  ;)

> Does this patch work?
> If not try to search in ffmpeg's configure what options make you
> compile it and tell us.

I see you committed this already, but it didn't build the .dylib
things.  I'm running
../configure2 --enable-static --enable-shared
both only, no other options.  I did
make -k clean distclean
beforehand (using the original ./configure will cause its
distclean to rm Makefile, so I re-svn-up'd again to restore
yours -- I still wish you'd rename _your_ Makefile to e.g.
Makefile2 and adjust its innards accordingly until your
configure2 is working properly ;) ).

[...]
cd obj && ar rc libdvdnav.a dvdnav.o highlight.o navigation.o
read_cache.o remap.o searching.o settings.o decoder.o vm.o vmcmd.o
dvd_input.o dvd_reader.o dvd_udf.o ifo_print.o ifo_read.o md5.o
nav_print.o nav_read.o
cd obj && ranlib libdvdnav.a
make: Leaving directory
`/Volumes/IBMama/Projects/svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/libdvdnav'
# _
<<<<
The original
../configure --enable-static --enable-shared
generates a Makefile that builds as expected the way I quoted in
the earlier post.

(please allow some time for me, we have had connection problems
from weather etc., was down for most of yesterday, that's why I
couldn't get back to you 'til now)

(btw I also tried using gmane's subscription form for this list,
and got no reply yet either.  Their form does not ask for the
subscribing e-mail addy, but the usual posting addy.  Internally
I think it will try figuring out the subscribing addy since it
also wants to know what kind of maillist software is being used.
Maybe 'mailman' is the wrong type, or maybe the
lists.mplayerhq.hu internally is set up in a non-standard way.
Indeed I do not see any info for the *subscribing* addy anywhere
on the info page at
<http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/dvdnav-discuss>
i.e. how would one subscribe _purely_ from e-mail and not using
the mailman webform there?  and does this actually work?
I suspect gmane needs to know how to do this somehow.)

Thanks for helping both situations.

--
Click for discounts on certified diamonds and engagement rings
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1Ue2D3XYuToonZNWPjBtX3vFyQ/