[rtmpdump] New Server

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Jul 24 19:06:02 CEST 2015

Hi all

as you all probably know FFmpeg/Mplayer/... is searching for a
new free server & hosting ...

We received the following offers for a new server and hosting.
If you think any of them are a bad choice then please speak now!
i ommited one non free offer and one unspecific offer from a company who
alternatively would want to finnancially sponsor us.
as well as at least one which would be technically insufficient

If i forgot some offer or theres a mistake in the list below please
reply and add/correct the offer ASAP!

I also intend to add a mention & link to the footer of the FFmpeg
webpage for whoever is choosen, several of the sponsors below did
not ask for that though.
If you object to that, again, please speak now.

I intend to accept 2 of the offers below for redundancy, again if you
think something else should be done, speak now!

1. from libnova, hosted at OVH (France) 64gb ram xeon server with 4tb storage, no traffic limit, 500mbps wrant 1 gbps burst, prepaid for 2 years
    should be this one i belive: http://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/enterprise/2014-SP-64.xml

2. on videolans beefy main server under LXC

3. a hetzner EX40 rented box (rented by ubitux) (we use this one currently)
    should be this one i belive: https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex40

4. from kieran hosted in the UK, a old server (we use this one currently)

5. from nexcess, hosted at futurehosting.com
    Location: Midwest (Central U.S.)
    Server: Dual Processor Intel Xeon 5620
    Bandwidth: 30000 GB
    CPU: E5620 (Westmere) - 1 x 12MB cache w/HT 2.40 GHz
    RAM: 64 GB
    Drive #1: 120 GB SSD
    Drive #2: 120 GB SSD
    Drive #3: 120 GB SSD
    Drive #4: 120 GB SSD
    RAID: RAID 10
    Or 4 x 1TB SATA drives in a RAID 10
    OS: Other Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS)
    Control Panel: Interworx
    Add-on: Future Engineer Pro Server Management
    Add-on: Future Protect Backup Service

6. from DreamHack
    Hardware:
    We have a few machines spare, and the most suitable of those machines would
    be this:
    1x E5-2407
    48GB Ram
    4x 4TB SATA (In what ever raid config you want)

    Network:
    The location where it will be hosted as redundant 10G connection
    from AS12552 (www.ip-only.se).
    The machine would get an own VLAN with a /29 IPv4 and a /64 IPv6
    allocation.

7. from Telepoint and MediaHub
    We can offer you 1 Gbps international connectivity + the server below
    both *for free* (no monthly taxes or any taxes) and you'll be completely
    autonomous and free to do with it anything as you see fit.
    The datacenter where it'll be colocated (Telepoint) is one of the top
    datacenters in Bulgaria and has been built to cover all standards in the
    practice. You can see more information and the connectivity it has here:
    https://www.telepoint.bg/en/carriers

    The machine we can offer you (it will be ordered brand new):
    MB: Supermicro X10DRL-i
    CPU:  IntelĀ® Xeon E5-2630 V3 8-Core 2.40 GHz x 2
    RAM: 64 GB DDR4 Reg. ECC
    Storage: LSi storage controller with 4 x 2 TB server disks in RAID 1 + 0 configuration (or any
    other if you would like something different)
    Redundant power supply unit

    All of this will be backed by the UPS and the autonomous power generator of the datacenter in terms
    of power and by all the carriers you can see on the link above in terms of connectivity.
    We can easily plug both gigabit adapters for fail-over just in case if the adapter should fail.
    Of course, there is 24h support available at the datacenter, too.
    If you need anything else or need more information please let us know and we'll adjust the offer
    or provide you with any details you need.

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope