[rtmpdump] [MPlayer-dev-eng] [FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg/MPlayer/rtmpdump possibly searching for a new server and hosting

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Sun Jul 5 02:02:57 CEST 2015

compn wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2015 10:02:14 -0400
> Devin Heitmueller <dheitmueller at kernellabs.com> wrote:
>
>>> note, to make this clear there will be no ffmpeg.org or mplayerhq.hu
>>> soon if noone helps
>>> we need a server we need volunteers to help with the move
>>
>> Is there anything you can share about what the current bandwidth
>> requirements are?  It might make it easier to assess whether it's
>> feasible to host if interested parties could do some estimate of what
>> the costs would likely be.
>
> at least 4TB/month bandwidth. 4tb of storage space.

Sorry I don't have any good suggestions. Two years ago we had to move the
hosting for openldap.org, which had been hosted for free at ISC for over a
dozen years. We setup on Linode and they sponsored us for a year; they're very
friendly to open source projects. But we didn't renew sponsorship after that.
I now pay $1440/year to keep the two openldap.org servers running on their
systems.

--
   -- Howard Chu