[rtmpdump] rtmpdump behind a HTTP proxy

Andrew Savchenko bircoph at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 19:21:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:20:52 -0700 (PDT) Enda wrote:
> According to https://bugs.launchpad.net/rtmpdump/+bug/747517
> there is missing HTTP proxy support. Is there another way to
> download a file using rtmpdump behind a HTTP proxy?

You need to install and setup some proxy chaining utility. Then
just run it before rtmpdump. I recommend httptunnel or corkscrew.
But please note that upstream http proxy may deny anything but http
or https ports. In such case you need a host somewhere in the net,
establish connection to this host through some VPN or tunneling
program (e.g. openvpn or proxytunnel — there are dozens of them)
and them route your rtmp traffic through that tunnel.

Best regards,
Andrew Savchenko