[rtmpdump] Problem running git master rtmpdump

NhJm nhjm449 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 00:56:07 CEST 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Matt Hirsch <matthew.hirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cloned rtmpdump master from git today: git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump
>
> I'm having trouble running the code. Bizarrely, the RTMP structure
> seems to have different sizes in main() and RTMP_Init(). I've set the
> CFLAGS to -O0 -g to aid in debugging. What could be going on here?

Please make sure that your local executable is not loading an old
librtmp.so from the system libraries. (Hint: `make install`)

Someone with commit access, please consider the patch I wrote. It's
annoying to see people repeatedly report bugs that are caused by the
fact that we haven't bothered to change the SO_VERSION whenever we've
modified the librtmp API.
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/rtmpdump/2012-December/002231.html