[rtmpdump] "--stop X" parameter not working

Francis Yáñez fjyaniez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 10:14:49 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm triying to partially download a mp4 file though a rtmp stream (server by nginx-rtmp-module) so I can generate a thumbnail without downloading the entire file.

This is my test:

$ rtmpdump -B 0.01 -r rtmp://video2.tercermilenio.tv/vod/mp4:449-1.mp4 -o test.flv

When I run the previous command, rtmpdump output includes:

"For duration: 0.010 sec"

But it never stops, always downloads 100% of the file. I also tried using the "-v" switch and another stop values, running version 2.3 or current 2.4... with no success. What could be the problem?

Thank you.

Francis Yáñez