[rtmpdump] Infinite loop bug: Network disconnects while publishing RTMP Stream

Sreekanth Annapureddy sreekanthav at gmail.com
Sun May 27 21:57:02 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I think I ran into a bug while publishing RTMP stream using librtmp.

Consider the scenario when I disconnect from network on fly while
publishing an RTMP audio/video stream. The WriteN() function detects that
network is disconnected, and tries to close the RTMP session by calling
RTMP_Close(). However, we seem to get into a infinite loop since
RTMP_Close() calls SendFCUnpublish() which in turn calls WriteN(), and so
on.

Please let me know if this is indeed a bug or if my understanding is
incorrect.

Thanks for your time,

Sreekanth