[rtmpdump] Problem with last commit 7340f

Howard Chu hyc at highlandsun.com
Tue Mar 27 10:07:43 CEST 2012

Nelson Perez wrote:
> Hi there, I think there must be something wrong with that last commit, since a
> couple of url's that I was perfectly able to use before now return error.
>
> To give you an example, here is what I get when I try to connect to the url
> given by Sandy Herman a few threads ago:
>

> nelsonrp at bilthon:~/rtmpdump$ ./rtmpdump -r
> rtmp://cp132684.live.edgefcs.net/live/DEgr_vbr_450@50116
> <http://cp132684.live.edgefcs.net/live/DEgr_vbr_450@50116> --live -o seila.flv
> RTMPDump v2.4
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: Closing connection: NetStream.Play.StreamNotFound
>
> With the previous version of rtmpdump that I have installed in my system (I'm
> not sure which version is that, sorry) and also with a recently downloaded
> version (2.3) from a tar file it works without problems.
>
> Nelson

The last commit affects the use of GnuTLS. Are you building with GnuTLS? If
not, then there's no way it could affect your build at all. In fact, the
example you pasted above uses plain RTMP, so no crypto is involved at all.
Which confirms that the last commit has nothing to do with anything you're seeing.

There's nothing useful in your post at all.