[rtmpdump] Seg Fault on 64 bit

Dan Schmidt helpdeskdan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 05:57:01 CEST 2012

Every email I write is a further piece of trash which must be waded
through for those reviewing patches.  But, I can't deny a request from
Steven, so I shall discuss my foolishness.

It really is quite stupid: I had no idea such a package existed, less
that it had been installed - perhaps it is an xbmc dependency.  Thanks
to this, I had a duplicate (and wrong) librtmp.so.0.

$ locate librtmp.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.0

$ apt-file list librtmp0
librtmp0: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.0
librtmp0: /usr/share/doc/librtmp0/changelog.Debian.gz
librtmp0: /usr/share/doc/librtmp0/copyright

Hence the simple moral is: Don't assume librtmp isn't lurking out there
somewhere besides /usr/lib, even if there is no rtmpdump installed.